|Madness Combat 6.5|
Sanford and Deimos in the cafeteria
|Release date:||April 3, 2010|
|Previous:||Madness Combat 6: Antipathy|
|Next:||Madness Combat 7: Consternation|
Madness Combat 6.5 is the eleventh installment in the Madness Combat series and the fifth installment of the Tricky saga. Chronologically, the episode begins at the end of Madness Combat 5.5. It continues to show the path of Sanford and Deimos prior to Madness Combat 9. It was released on April 3rd, 2010.
The episode starts when Sanford gets shot in the stomach by an A.T.P. engineer with a Colt Revolver, ending the cliffhanger from the previous episode. Sanford, convulsing in agony, is rescued by a swift reaction from Deimos, who disarms and kills the engineer. Deimos helps Sanford get up and they proceed to the next room, where Deimos eliminates all the agents with a QBZ-95 while Sanford stays behind, recovering from his wound. While Deimos finishes off the remaining agents with a billy club, Sanford obtains a Mossberg 500.
They arrive into a room with a ledge. Sanford finds a medical kit and bandages himself around his torso while Deimos kills three agents. Sanford reinvigorates himself with an adrenaline shot, jumps down the ledge and kills every agent that comes out of the door with his shotgun. After the duo kill the agents in the next room, Sanford enters the armory, snatches a Colt Revolver from the quartermaster and kills him. Aside from his signature revolver, Sanford also obtains his camo-pattern pants and a bren gun. He also gives Deimos an SMG magazine for his PM-9, a utility belt and a grenade launcher.
Meanwhile, Jesus enters the room where Tricky disposed the upper-half of his head in Madness Combat 5.5. Jesus places all components of his head to where they belong, mends himself, and nails a little note on the wall saying 'I quit, - J'. The Auditor notices this message and also sees Tricky on a chatbuddy, who writes him:
'I do what I want!'
Tricky then proceeds to spam the message: 'You can't stop me!'
The Auditor responds by granting the 1337 crew improved agility and strength, giving their black glasses a crimson tint.
The screen the Auditor is using reads as follows, minus Tricky's messages and the 1337 agent stats:
NOTE: UNAUTH ACCESS
NOTE: In possession of drive #s003.
Altering reality, goals unknown.
Despite the upgrade, Sanford and Deimos continue progressing with ease. In one room, where an A.T.P. engineer and two agents are waiting, Deimos uses his M203 to fire a grenade at them, destroying all of them. They then enter a cafeteria, killing the oncoming agents. Afterwards, they descend one floor using an elevator. They perforate the opposing agents with their automatic weapons and Deimos easily reckons with a troop transport and anyone who was carried in it using his grenade launcher. From here, they enter a clothes store called The Rift. Sanford threatens the clerk with the bren gun, but doesn't kill him. The duo proceeds to browse for clothes.
First Sanford tries on the circular shades, deciding they look great and giving him his trademark confident lip. Sanford then insists on trying on a shirt that Deimos was holding up. Meanwhile, a group of A.A.H.W. members meet outside the door. An A.T.P. engineer orders an agent to plant a bomb onto the door, ready to ambush the two protagonists.
As the two continue, Deimos putting on his jacket, shirt and visor (which earns points of approval from Sanford), an explosion breaks down the door, knocking out the clerk. Sanford and Deimos kill every agent entering the clothing store. The two decide to leave, and Sanford leaves his shirt behind while Deimos picks up a Glock 20. They make their way on the rooftop by climbing a ladder and they kill all the agents guarding a helicopter. Deimos gives Sanford his M203 as he starts the helicopter. While the two escape, seven remaining agents start shooting at them, but Sanford easily kills them from the helicopter using the grenade launcher and his bren gun. A last survivor tries to shoot them with a M14, then the animation ends.
- The episode most likely took place in the "Nevada Supermall" mentioned on posters in Madness Combat 5.5. Like the poster described, the building contained the advanced training recruitment center, along with The Rift (most likely a parody of The Gap). Additionally, the armory was named "NVSM Quartermaster," NVSM standing for "Nevada Supermall."
- Even though this animation is called "Madness Combat 6.5," it is actually set before and during Madness Combat 6, rather than after. It is shown on the Auditor's computer that Tricky revived Hank in the opening moment of the sixth episode partway through this episode.
- This is the first episode where Hank is not seen.
- The shirt that Sanford tries on reads "I covered wars, you know". This is a reference to the video game Dead Rising.
- If the clerk working at The Rift survived, then this episode would have the highest amount of survivors, three.
- Tricky's username while taunting the Auditor is TriKurrDurr.
- The first agent on the mall's roof who is seen smoking while holding an MP5K has some resemblance to the first grunt in Madness Combat 2, who was smoking in the same stance with a Tec-9.
- The grunt who fires at Sanford and Deimos as they retreat is the only enemy in the series thus far to have fired a weapon at a protagonist and gotten away with it.